Metalsmith -Instructor- Jewlery Artist

Friday, January 18, 2013

Valentine bracelets?

I'm bored with pendants this week and chose to make some bracelets for Valentines day.  Using my fat swarovski crystals, brass bezel strips, and resin.. oh resin.. I can get lost in resin. The anticipation of waiting to see the finished result of each pour is a trip in its self!  It took me 5 days of just poring layers of resin, paint and epherma on top of each other to create a textured 3'd look.  If anyone tells you "resin is a crafting skill not an art", They are very mistaken!  Especially if there is depth and detail involved.  Paint, ink, paper..oh yes, there are so many little secrets inside my treasured little heart charm:)

1 comment:

Jennifer Mechling said...

Love these!! And, resin is an art. So many steps and so many things to go wrong.

Your jewelry is beautiful!